31 Oct JEC Group, the First French Business to Host an Industry Exhibition in Seoul
JEC Group, the First French Business to Host an Industry Exhibition in Seoul
JEC Group’s annual JEC Asia International Composites Event will be held for the first time in Korea. After being held previously in its original location in Singapore, JEC Asia is coming to Seoul for its 10th edition. Korea’s composites industry is currently experiencing rapid growth. Experts anticipate that this exhibition will establish Korea as the leading international composites platform in the Asia-Pacific region.
With a focus on End-User markets such as the automative, aeronautics, renewable energy, architectural/construction, electric and electronic equipment, sports and leisure, and transportation markets, JEC Asia 2017 is expected to be attended by industry professionals and experts from all over the world. Participants of the event will also have opportunities to enter not only markets in Asia, but also those in the Americas and Europe.
The three day long JEC Asia conference and exhibition will bring in world-renowned speakers to put the spotlight on the present state and potential of the various fields of the composites industry. The conference program will focus on five thematics: Automotive, IT, E&EE (Electrical & Electronics Engineering), Aeronautics, and Sports & Leisure. This year’s JEC Asia will be organized together with the 12th International Carbon Festival (ICF). Next year’s JEC Asia International Composites Event will be held on November 14 to 15, 2018 at COEX, and is expected to be three times bigger in scale.
JEC Asia 2017’s Official Website
|JEC Asia 2017 International Composites Event
‘The unique international composites platform dedicated to the Asia-Pacific’
1. Sponsor: JEC Group
2. Dates: November 1 – 3, 2017(3 days)
3. Venue: COEX, Convention and Exhibition Center in Seoul
4. Exhibition Overview
– Dimensions: Total area 6000m², COEX 3F D2 Hall, 1F Grand Ballroom (2F VIP and Press Lounge)
– Participating Businesses: Approx. 200 companies from 30 countries
– Visitors: 4,000 (Foreigners make up more than 60% of the total visitors)
5. Status of Participants
– Europe 44% (*France 25%, Germany 30%): CHOMARAT, ARKEMA, M Torres, SAERTEX, Solvay etc.
– US 11% : CGTECH, HEXCEL etc.
– Asia 45% (*Korea 27%): Overseas Pavilions (Japan, China, Singapore, Thailand etc.), Hyosung, Toray Group, Hanwha Advanced Materials, Hankuk Carbon, KOLON, KCTECH, DYETEC Research Institute, Gyeongbuk HYBRID Technology Institute and Hanyang University, KAIST, Seoul National University, UNIST University Research Labs etc.
6. Categories of Participants
raw material manufacturers, composite material manufacturers, manufacturers of testing equipment, manufacturers of fiber-based intermediate products, software distribution companies, distribution companies, agents, representative departments, recycling companies, composites technology transfer center, service providers, investors, analysts, cluster networks, network associations, public institutions, academic communities, educational training institutions, OEM, and all other End-User enterprises
7. Conference Program
– 11/1: 12th International Carbon Festival (ICF) *Organized by KCTECH in Jeollabuk-do Province
1) Automotive: Novelties in Structural and Semi Structural Applications
2) What Kind of Future is there for Composites in IT and E&EE?
3) Innovation Awards Ceremony
1) Developing Automated Processes in Aeronautics: Tape Laying, Fiber Placement
2) Sports & Leisure: Can Composite Materials Do Better?
JEC World 2018: The Leading International Composites Show
1. Sponsor: JEC Group
2. Dates: March 6 – 8, 2018 (3 days)
3. Venue: Paris Nord Villepinte Exhibition Centre
* JEC World 2017’s Five Main Figures
total area 65,000 m², 113 countries (more than 1,300 businesses) in attendance, 40,607 visitors (10% increase from 2016 figures), 106 conferences (73 presentations), 2,325 B2B meetings
With a network of 250,000 professionals, JEC Group is the largest composite organization in the world. It represents, promotes and helps develop composite markets by providing global and local networking and information services. For the past 20 years, JEC has achieved continuous growth and acquired an international reputation. It has opened offices in North America and Asia. The Company is entirely owned by the non-profit Center for the Promotion of Composites. JEC Group’s policy is to systematically invest its profits in the creation of new services to benefit the industry. After successfully winning over the composites industry, JEC Group is now enlarging its scope to the next segment of the value chain, i.e. manufacturers and end-users.
Through Knowledge and Networking, JEC’s experts offer a comprehensive service package: the JEC publications – including strategic studies, technical books and the JEC Composites Magazine – the weekly international e-letter World Market News and the French e-letter JEC Info Composites. JEC also organizes the JEC World Show in Paris – the world’s largest composites show, five times bigger than any other composites exhibition – JEC Asia in South Korea and The Future of Composites in Construction in Chicago; the Web Hub www.jeccomposites.com; the JEC Composites Conferences, Forums and Workshops in Paris, Seoul and Chicago and the JEC Innovation Awards program (Europe, Asia, America, India and China).
The composite industry employs 550,000 professionals worldwide, generating 79 billion EUR worth of business in 2016.